What/ Who is a Prosthetist?
A prosthetist is a healthcare professional who makes and fits artificial limbs (prostheses) for people with disabilities. This includes artificial legs and arms for people who have had amputations due to conditions such as cancer, diabetes, or injury.
What is Considered a Prosthetic Device?
Artificial limbs, also known as prostheses, are defined as devices that are used to replace a missing body part or member. They are a vital part of the rehabilitation process following an amputation and help restore mobility to patients, leading to better patient outcomes and less co-morbidities.
Prosthetic Services we can provide include but are not limited to:
- Immediate Post- Operative Care
- Above Knee Prosthetics
- Below Knee Prosthetics
- Above Elbow Prosthetics
- Below Elbow Prosthetics
- Partial Feet Prosthetics
- Bionic Hands & Feet
- Classic Socket Design & Components
- Power & Microprocessor Knees
- Hip Disarticulation
- Vacuum Suction Sockets
- Different Levels of Cosmetic Prosthetics
- Post Mastectomy Prosthesis & Supplies
- Lower Extremity Prosthetics (Below Knee & Above Knee)
- Upper Extremity Prosthetics (Below Elbow & Above Elbow)